Wednesday, February 18, 2015

the warmth of the sun

 At last, a winter snow made it to Fayetteville. After being trapped inside for a few days I drove around and noticed something.

I noticed the way that even on a 30 degree day the ice and snow were melting to the warmth of the sun. All of the places that were exposed to the sun were completely dry. The icy parts in the shadows were still solid but slowly melting.

I think that is how God works in the lives of his people.

 Even in the coldness of our hearts and minds, his love, like the warmth of the sun touches us and changes us. As we are fully exposed to his light we are filled with his warmth and the layers fall. Even as we are in the shadows with what feels like no light at all, his love still reaches us and slowly melts, layer by layer, our hearts of stone. 

His love meets us where we are and beckons us toward him.

This strong, warm love is displayed to me each day as I work for YoungLives. Every day there is a new realization of how small I am and how I get to be a part of something big. I am a part of God's story as he is shedding his light on the lives of the teen moms I have come to know and love.

My friends have stories that are hard. Their stories are more difficult than I could have ever thought or imagined. Beyond anything I can do to repair. However, God began the process of repairing long ago. Even in the dark, difficult shadows these girls are facing, he shines his light on them in many gentle and powerful ways. His story is being written and I can trust him fully knowing he makes all things beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment