Tuesday, September 23, 2014

joy

"True joy is found when you are in the middle of God's will."

This statement is one that I heard several years ago from the pastor in the church where I grew up. That phrase has stuck with me for all of these years and I feel like I finally understand it.

Joy


A deeply-rooted sense of joy is filling my soul to the point of happy tears. I want to fully experience every moment of this season and carry it with me for years to come.

This joy that I am experiencing is fresh and new. I can see how the Lord has written my story. I can see how things that have happened in the past are beginning to make sense. I do not know what lies ahead but I know right here, right now, I am exactly where I belong. I am beyond grateful.

belong- to fit in a specified place or environment.


Over the past few years the feeling of belonging was something that I longed for but never could find.  Now, I can honestly say that I am where I belong. I belong in Fayetteville, Arkansas. I belong on YoungLife staff. I belong in my cute little cozy cottage. I belong in my church. I belong in my community group. I belong in the lives of the young moms that I've known and those that I will continue to meet.

This joy I have received is one that I have never experienced before. It is one that does not rely on circumstances. It is a gift that comes straight from Jesus. He promises us a full life when we offer ourselves to him.

His joy is greater | take heart.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        





1 comment: