Tuesday, January 1, 2019

new wine






New year, new you. It is something I have heard often. I’ve always liked the sound of it but never really experienced it. This new year I am experiencing it. I get to start the year off with a new home, new neighborhood, new community, new job and new me.  

I started 2018 in a relationship that I firmly believe would lead to marriage, yet over time realized it was taking me away from community, stealing my joy and led me to a very dark place. Amid this pain, God prepared me for where I am now. I was able to lead NWA Young Life while my boss and dear friend Robyn healed from cancer. I felt completely inadequate but saw him work in my weakness. I watched him use my story in the lives of others with my very own eyes. I’m leaving insecurity, mistakes, pain, depression and anxiety in 2018.
My phrase for 2019 is new wine. God has brought me to a place of newness so that he can continue to make me new. To make me stronger. To draw me closer to his heart and show his faithfulness and care to me. To make me more like his son, Jesus.

The lyrics to the song  New Wine by Hillsong Worship are perfectly adequate.

In the crushing
In the pressing
You are making
New wine
In the soil, I
Now surrender
You are breaking
New ground
So I yield to You and to Your careful hand
When I trust You I don't need to understand
Make me Your vessel
Make me an offering
Make me whatever You want me to be
I came here with nothing
But all You have given me
Jesus, bring new wine out of me



Psalm 16:5-6,11
“Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance...You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”

Luke 5:36
“no one pours new wine into old wineskins. Otherwise, the new wine will burst the skins; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins."


Thank you, Jesus, for new mercies every morning. For grace. For new beginnings. May you bring new wine out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment